The Getaway Vehcile
It stole the imagination of open road riders everywhere. Now the Bandit is even better with its unmatched balance of superior performance, eye-catching style and advanced technology.
The compact 1,255cc liquid-cooled engine delivers arm-stretching power and torque, civilised by the smooth acceleration of the new SDTV fuel injection system. A secondary balancer shaft reduces vibration while the new slick-shifting six-speed transmission improves acceleration, at the same time reducing top gear rpm at highway speeds. A hydraulic clutch and liquid-cooled oil cooler complete the big-bore power plant.
In developing the Bandit 1250S, the dedicated team of Suzuki engineers have produced a cruiser of unmatched performance, style and value. A machine that truly owns the highway and gets you away.
- Liquid-cooled DOHC engine with a full 1255cc of torque-producing displacement for extra-smooth acceleration and relaxed highway cruising.
- The well-exposed, symmetrical-layout (center-cam-drive) powerplant forms the core of Bandit 1250S's beautiful appearance.
- Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) fuel injection provides exceptional response, smooth power output, improved mileage and reduced emissions.
- Long-wearing, tough Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Material (SCEM) cylinder-bore plating.
- Friction-reducing chrome-nitride piston-ring coating.
- Secondary balancer shaft enhances the engine's smooth operation.
- Effective engine management and emissions control systems allow the Bandit 1250S to meet tough Euro 3 and Tier 2 emissions standards.
- Liquid-cooled oil cooler helps keep the engine running cool.
- Six-speed transmission with gear ratios chosen for powerful acceleration and smooth highway cruising.
- Classic tube-frame chassis, with rake and trail chosen for an excellent balance between sporty handling and highway cruising comfort.
- 43mm-stanchion-tube front forks and single rear shock absorber, both are spring-preload-adjustable.
For the entire list of advanced features, see the link below.
Suzuki International Website