Champions Choose Suzuki
Look deep and you’ll see the championship-inspired upgrades that have been made to the 2013 RM-Z450. From years of experience helping racers around the world reach the top of the podium, we understand that the power of high-performance engineering is often in the details.
New engines. New SHOWA forks. New exhausts. New frames and more. Inside and out, Suzuki RM-Z motorcycles are a sight to behold.
Meeting new FIM sound control, without compromise of engine performance, controllability is increased.
1. Through feedback from factory racing, the piston, piston pin and connecting-rod are developed with use of Finite Element Method (FEM) analysis. New piston is 13% lighter without compromising the strength and rigidity.
2. New piston pin has Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) surface treatment, for less friction and increased durability. Together with lighter piston, mechanical loss is reduced and throttle response is enhanced.
3. New crankcase reed valve is made thinner for more efficient lubrication. New oil strainer has strong magnet to catch more sludge in engine oil. Both contribute to better throttle response and smoother power delivery.
4. Intake cam timing and amount of lift are changed for smooth power delivery and ease of control.
5. Air cleaner outlet tube is reshaped for increased bottom-to-mid range power delivery. Back panel of cleaner box is now made of carbon fiber mixed material, for reduced intake noise.
6. Redesigned Exhaust system: - Meeting new FIM sound control while retaining engine performance with 50mm extended exhaust pipe and redesigned internal parts of muffler body.
7. Redesigned 5-speed transmission with reshaped shift cam, stopper spring and drive shaft results in more solid shift feel, enabling more precise gear shift operation.
8. New fuel pump is made lighter, and revised locking system in connection parts of fuel hose means more precise and easier operation.
The list just keeps going. For the full list, check out Suzuki Motorcycles website below.
Suzuki International Website